Welcome to the Northern Savo! Rural Development Association – The Locan Activator, LAG Mansikka operates and supports rural development in the area of six municipalities in Northern Savo.
The area is well known about it´s strawberry production, throughout the whole country. There, the name of the association has its roots; Mansikka = strawberry. As many rural areas in Finland, the area is inhabitated loosely and there are about 43 000 inhabitants.
Northern Savo is located in the middle of Finland and has the most beautiful nature with thousands of lakes and forests. The culture of the area is based on Finnish tribes who lived by fishing, hunting and later acriculture. Savoans are known for their sense of humor, conversation skills, creativity and openness.
If you are looking a partner for your project or would like to collaborate within the themes with our local associations or entrepeneurs, we will be happy to help you find a suitable partner in our area!
- supports projects which are born from the needs and ideas of rural people
- offers assistance for the planning and implementing projects
- evaluates the projects´ eligibility for financing
- organizes training and seminars
- promotes transnational cooperation and help associations and entrepreneurs to find partners in EU countries
Within all of these themes, the transnational work is promoted and encouraged!
Please contact us!
phone: +358 45 131 5077